When we face difficulties in life, our temptation is to blame God, rather than claim God. We are always looking for someone to blame. We may say, “This is not my fault… This is my parents fault…This is my friend’s fault…Maybe this is even God’s fault…God doesn’t care about me…And that’s why I’m suffering.” So we blame God, and I just want to tell you, folks, that is not with the New Testament apostles and disciples were doing, when they faced trials & difficulties, they were not blaming God, they were claiming God.
- They were claiming God’s promises.
- They were claiming Gods power.
- They were claiming God’s everlasting Spirit at work in all circumstances.
- They were claiming God’s providence.
- They were claiming God’s sovereignty.
So here’s the question for you, when you face difficulties in life, will you choose to blame God or will you choose to claim God? That’s a decision. That’s a choice. And one of those choices will lead to despair. But, one of them will lead you to CHOOSE JOY.