Praise & Prayer Weekly Update - 10.20.21
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.” ~Psalm 17:6
*Bookmark this page!
Prayer at MBC
It is our desire to be available to support you every day of the week, not just Sunday mornings. If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a praise, please fill out the email request below.
Praise and thank God for:
- Praise God for the safe arrival of Zoe Christeen Erbig, born to Pastor Bob and Amanda on October 18. Mother and baby are doing well.
- Rick Splinter was able to attend services on Sunday just after having knee replacement surgery. His recovery is coming along very well.
- Yvonne Lai’s father accepted Christ as Savior, praise God! Continue to pray for her mother, Connie, as she recovers from cancer surgery and for Yvonne as she supports her.
- Sunday’s Ministry Fair had good weather, a good turn out, and generated enthusiasm among many interested serving in our various ministries.
- Praise and thank God that we were able to relaunch the Senior Luncheon on Friday and welcome back 90 seniors who enjoyed a good meal, great entertainment, fellowship.
Pray for our MBC Family:
Please take a moment and review some of these requests below, and keep your fellow brothers and sisters, and their intentions and needs in your own prayers. “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20
- Scott Gundersen had ankle surgery last week. Pray for healing and a complete recovery.
- Judy Torgrimson’s mother passed away on Thursday, October 14. She had just celebrated her 101th birthday with her daughters and is now with her Savior. Pray for Judy during this time of grieving.
- Carrie Isler is still struggling with pain particularly in her joints and knee. Pray for relief.
- Marian & Bill Miller in Florida grieving the loss of Bill’s sister, Justine, and clearing out her home to ready it for sale. Pray for an extra abundance of God’s grace, peace and strength as they navigate this very complicated and overwhelming situation.
- Continue to pray for Linda Kuebler recovering from an infection on her brain which was removed. She is on heavy antibiotics which family administers through a picc line. Pray for complete healing.
- Continue to pray for Josiah Erbig, that doctors would figure out his feeding issues so that he would be able to come home soon.
- Pray for healing, comfort and strength for our brothers and sisters who struggle with chronic illnesses: Trey Mittuch (seizures, developmental and speech delays).
- Pray for healing for those enduring long-term treatment and recovery: John Gero-recovery from infection, PT progress, pain relief; Darlene Gero-recovery from injured ankles, CAT scan in Oct.; Brooke Wiseman recovering from foot surgery; Carol Swayne recovering from ankle fusion surgery; and healing for Cora and Tony Chuffo.
For our Church, please pray for:
- Pastor Dave Hentschel as he prepares his sermon continuing our series in Exodus and looking at the Red Sea Crossing.
- Pray for Trunk or Treat planning and preparations and for a fruitful outreach event.
For our Extended Family & Friends, please pray for:
- Our nation and those in authority.
- Marianne Iandiorio’s son, Mark, is hospitalized and sedated due to a severe headache. Pray for pain relief and for doctor’s wisdom in treating him.
Rachel Rickershauser’s sister, Stephanie, having knee surgery due to dislocation. Pray for recovery and healing, and for Rachel’s mom as she cares for her.
- Janna Hanover’s brother, Jonathan, was in a dirt bike accident in Flagstaff, Arizona. He broke his back and has spinal cord damage. He had surgery, which went well. He is, prayerfully, going to be moved to better care soon. Currently, it is looking like he will be paralyzed from mid chest down. Pray for a miracle and for feeling to return as swelling decreases. He is currently in rehab. Janna is one of our World Partners serving overseas. A Caring Bridge site has been set up by the family to follow Jonathon’s progress.
- Amy Puskas requests prayer for her father, Joseph. His leukemia is progressing and the doctors are now going to be putting him on medication that they anticipate should prolong his life for another 6 years. The medicine is very expensive, but the hospital has worked out a grant to help pay for it. Please pray for the following: 1. Joseph’s eye would fully heal from his eye surgeries so that he can begin the leukemia treatment. 2. That once he begins taking the pills, he would have minimal side effects and the medication would be effective. 3. The hospital can continue to find grants to pay for his medication. 4. For Joseph’s salvation.
- Livia and Manuel Berney request prayer for their friends, Bill and Karen, who lost their son Bryce (14) due to heart complications.
- Continue to pray for our ministry partner, Feeding Hands, and their ongoing relief efforts to meet the needs of the Somerville area community trying to rebuild in a temporary location after the hurricane effects.
Pray for the Spread of the Gospel Throughout the World
World Partners of the Week: Dave & Sarah Lahoda Serving with CRU in the Middle East
Praise that the Lahoda’s have returned home and that in- person ministry is cautiously beginning again. Pray for opportunities to build relationships with local families and at school. Also pray for Dave as he finds a new role during a reorganization.
Senegal Update: Pray for the Pastor (Pastor Moussa) of the small church in our partner village, Langomack. Pray for health for his family, and that his kids would grow strong in the Lord. Pray that the elders and leaders of the church would have God’s Kingdom on their hearts.
The Persecuted Church: Pray for Christians in Nigeria
On Saturday, Sept. 11, Islamists ambushed and killed a pastor on the road in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The pastor had visited his son at the local university and was traveling home when the attackers confronted him and killed him. “They butchered my husband and took his motorbike,” his wife said. The Islamists then used the motorbike to travel into the pastor’s community, where they attacked and killed others. The pastor leaves behind his wife and their five sons. Pray for their community as they recover from the attack. Pray for his family as they grieve, and pray that those who also lost loved ones will be comforted.
Would you like your prayer request to remain active longer?
Prayer requests will remain active for two weeks. If you would like your request to continue please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.
All long term prayer requests (chronic illnesses) will remain active for one month. If you would like your request to continue, please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.