Praise & Prayer Weekly Update - 1.20.21
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.” ~Psalm 17:6
*Bookmark this page!
Prayer at MBC
If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a note of praise it is our desire to be available to support you every day of the week, not just Sunday mornings. If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a praise, please fill out the request form below.
Praise and thank God for:
- Wendy Milligan: A HUGE very special MIRACLE we are praising God for, Scott’s partner at work Suzanne was informed by her doctor last night she “may now” be in remission from end stage esophagus cancer!!! They can’t explain it! Thanks for everyone’s prayers for this journey which has been over a year long now!
- Rachel Rickershauser praises God and is thankful for the time she was able to spend at home with her newborn son, Levi, and her growing family. The MBC staff is thankful to have her return to children’s ministries and once again, we thank Lenore Tosi and Laura Garcell for managing the ministry in Rachel’s absence. Please pray for Rachel’s husband James as he now manages the new baby and toddler at home.
For our MBC Family:
Please take a moment and review some of these requests below, and keep your fellow brothers and sisters, and their intentions and needs in your own prayers. “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20
- Pray for the health and safety of our teachers, schools, parents and students as we continue to navigate the virus crisis, keeping everyone healthy, and make decisions accordingly.
- Josiah Erbig has been waking up throughout the night for the past week struggling with secretions. He will be seen by a pulmonologist this week. Pray for wisdom for the doctors and for rest for Pastor Bob and Amanda.
- Francis Eng is now on hospice care. Pray for healing and for Maria as she supports him.
- Linda Kuebler going through chemo sessions every 21 days for 4 to 6 sessions. Pray that the tumor shrinks before surgery and for minimal side effects.
- Steve Gundersen continues treatment locally for active multiple myeloma. Praise God for the very encouraging results from two recent blood tests, as well as the very mild side effects from the treatments. Please to pray for continued healing, and for the Gundersen family as they support him.
- Pray for John Gero who is in rehab for long-term care and healing from infection. He is progressing slowly and needs more time in the facility. Doctors plan to stop IV antibiotics soon, pray the infection is gone and doesn’t rebound.
- Steve and Aimee Welch, and the Welch family, as they anxiously await the homecoming of their adopted daughter, Penelope, from China. Pray for international restrictions to lift and for the process to be expedited.
- Pray for healing, comfort and strength for our brothers and sisters who struggle with chronic illnesses: Bill Roosma with heart issues; James Ciannello (physical and emotional struggles of eosinophilic esophagitis and other medical conditions), Trey Mittuch (seizures, developmental and speech delays).
- Our expecting mothers and babies: Krisana Ukritnukun.
- Pray for healing for those enduring long-term treatment and recovery: Frances Eng – chemo; Norma Rahn – chemo; Brooke Wiseman recovering from foot surgery; Carol Swayne recovering from ankle fusion surgery; Nikki Springer recovering from a broken hip, pain relief and eyesight restoration; John Grooms (for health, strength and endurance), and healing for Cora and Tony Chuffo.
For our Church, please pray for:
- Pastor Dave Hentschel as he prepares his sermon for Sunday on Abortion and the Sanctity of Human Life, continuing our new sermon series, Dignity: They=Me, Examining the Worth of Every Human Life.
For our Extended Family & Friends, please pray for:
- Pray for protection, wisdom and Godly strength for pastors and clergy who are all on the frontlines caring for their flocks amidst national unrest and the covid pandemic.
- Darren and Sharon Hernandez request prayer for Sharon’s mom (Sandra Stanley) who recently fell and broke her hip a couple of weeks ago while they were away. Please keep her recovery in prayer. She’s in her early 80s, but relatively healthy.
- Linda & Lee Barnes’ granddaughter, Paige, had a tumor as well as 2/3 of her pancreas removed. They are now waiting for biopsy results, but are optimistic that the tumor is benign. Pray for a good result.
- Pray for Mary Martin and Audrey Fitzgerald, relatives in the Bonaventura family struggling with advanced cancer, pray for healing, comfort and peace during this difficult time.
- Marianne Iandiorio’s sister, Phyllis, developed bed sores and the infection went into the bone. She is on IV treatment at a care facility till Jan. 20. Please pray for complete healing from infection and for strength. Praise God, Phyllis is a believer in Jesus.
- Palma and Fred Finati’s son, Tom, that he may be able to help him retain the sight in his good eye. And for Palma’s brother, Salvatore, for healing and pain relief from cancer.
Pray for the Spread of the Gospel Throughout the World
World Partner of the Week: Bern and Patty Schraut Serving with TransWorld Radio in Austria
Praise that a Muslim acquaintance who received a radio from Bern has been using it to listen to Walk Thru the Bible on TWR and has been loaning it to his friends to listen, too. Pray that Bern and Patty and TWR will see and act on new opportunities created by the covid crisis to make Jesus known.
Senegal Update: Praise for the Columbine family’s safe return to Senegal last week.
The Persecuted Church: Pray for Christians in Tanzania
Pastors working in Tanzania’s semi-autonomous islands face oppressive persecution as Muslim political leaders have systematically tried to remove all churches from the region. Many pastors are forcefully evicted from the homes they rent because Muslim landlords hear them singing or praying, or they find out the renters are pastors. Pastors who own homes sometimes experience vandalism or arson. In the last year, Voice Of the Martyr has replaced the homes of three pastors who were evicted or had their homes destroyed. Living in houses will help the pastors continue their ministry in the islands. Pray for them as they work in communities that are highly resistant to the gospel.
Would you like your prayer request to remain active longer?
Prayer requests will remain active for two weeks. If you would like your request to continue please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.
All long term prayer requests (chronic illnesses) will remain active for one month. If you would like your request to continue, please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.