Praise & Prayer Weekly Update - 7.28.21
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.” ~Psalm 17:6
*Bookmark this page!
Prayer at MBC
It is our desire to be available to support you every day of the week, not just Sunday mornings. If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a praise, please fill out the email request below.
Praise and thank God for:
- LFLC is completely staffed for the 2021-2022 school year!
- The 7 individuals who attended Sunday’s Bridge to Connection, and are interested in learning more about MBC and becoming part of our expanding church family.
- Bill Miller is out of the hospital after having surgery for an adhesion, praise God! Continue to pray for a full recovery.
- Our teen’s local mission carwash fundraiser raised approximately $1,500 for Market Street Mission!
Pray for our MBC Family:
Please take a moment and review some of these requests below, and keep your fellow brothers and sisters, and their intentions and needs in your own prayers. “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20
- Pray for those among us who are receiving Covid vaccinations, that they would experience little to no side effects and that the vaccine would be effective.
- Gerry Kondak had surgery on Monday to remove a mass. She is doing well, recovering and in good spirits. Please pray for the biopsy results and her upcoming move to rehab, for wisdom and healing.
- Jillian Redeker requests prayer as doctors are watching a spot found on her breast. Pray for peace for Jillian and that the spot is not cancer.
- Kyung-Hee Kim is scheduled to have a hole in her heart closed (patent foramen ovale closure) on August 3. Pray for her procedure to go well and to for a smooth recovery.
- Dave and Mary Palmer are doing well with their recoveries and doing physical therapy. Pray for complete healing.
- Continue to pray for Josiah Erbig and the Erbig family. Pray they will be able to get him on an appropriate feeding level, and that he comes home soon and when ready.
- Gina Muller is preparing for full knee replacement surgery in September. Pray for a good outcome and a full recovery.
- Continue to pray for Linda Kuebler undergoing radiation treatments, Monday through Fridays, until mid-August. Pray for minimal side effects and for complete healing.
- John Gero continues outpatient physical therapy and is slowly making progress. Pray for continued pain relief and full recovery.
- Steve and Aimee Welch, and the Welch family, as they anxiously await the homecoming of their adopted daughter, Penelope, from China. Pray for international restrictions to lift and for the process to be expedited. Pray for the family as they relocate to Kentucky.
- Our expecting mothers & babies: Amanda Erbig, Shannon Graves.
- Pray for healing, comfort and strength for our brothers and sisters who struggle with chronic illnesses: Trey Mittuch (seizures, developmental and speech delays).
- Pray for healing for those enduring long-term treatment and recovery: John Gero-recovery from infection; Darlene Gero-recovery from injured ankles; Steve Gundersen-chemo treatments; Brooke Wiseman recovering from foot surgery; Carol Swayne recovering from ankle fusion surgery; John Grooms (for health, strength and endurance), and healing for Cora and Tony Chuffo.
For our Church, please pray for:
- Pastor Dave Hentschel will continue the “Worldview Series” looking at the topic of “MORALITY: What is right and wrong?”
- Johnny Graves, Kamilla Dening and the teen leadership team as they continue to rollout their local Summer Missions activities this week. Pray for the teens who will be serving and ministering to those in need in our area.
For our Extended Family & Friends, please pray for:
- Our nation and those in authority.
Mary Alice Landau requests prayer on behalf of Dorothy Young. The Young family attended MBC years ago. Her daughter, Kiersten (in her 30’s) needed heart surgery last week. Pray for healing.
- Devin Almonte requests prayer for her mother, Linda, who was recently diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. This is a type cancer that starts from the white blood cells. Currently, no treatment is needed, but the slow-moving disease supposedly cannot be cured and requires some treatment at a later time. Please pray for total healing and the strength she needs as she manages this disease, her appointments, and for the peace of God to fill her.
- Continue to pray for Yvonne Lai’s mother, Connie, that her cancer is treatable, curable and that she would receive good care. Also pray for peace for Yvonne as she supports her mother.
- Nikki Springer requests prayer for her neighbor, Jennifer, (has Type 1 Diabeties, lost a leg and has been on kidney dialysis for several years and is still waiting for a transplant). She was recently taken to the hospital with a high fever & pneumonia.
- Bill Miller’s sister, Justine, regained enough of her strength to be able to leave the hospital and go into rehab, praise God. She still needs prayer since the doctor took her off the chemo because it wasn’t working. He has set up a conference call with her and the family. Pray they may all take whatever news he tells them with grace and peace.
- Marian Miller requests continued prayer for her friend Suzanne, who has a very aggressive form of metastatic melanoma, is home from the hospital but fighting a difficult battle. Please pray especially for her salvation and for that of her family.
- Continue to pray for Ken Clegg and the family as they rejoice in Karen’s home-calling to Jesus, but grieve their loss of her here. Karen’s obituary, funeral details, and how to convey your condolences may be found HERE.
Pray for the Spread of the Gospel Throughout the World
World Partners of the Week: Jayson Casper Serving with IDEAS & Amoon Sharon Serving with Alpha Ministries
Pray for World Partners Jayson Casper (IDEAS) and Amoon Sharon (Alpha Ministries) who will be moderating our next Underground Session, “Christians and Muslims: Building Faith in a Climate of Hostility,” on August 7th.
Senegal: Pray for the church and families in Langomack as our friend and Elder in the church, Maurice Ndiaye, recently passed away. Pray the church would rejoice in his “home-going” as they grieve their loss.
The Persecuted Church: Pray for Christians in Nigeria
Radical Fulani Muslims attacked Bethel Baptist High School in Nigeria’s northern state of Kaduna on July 5, 2021. The attackers rode in on motorbikes, shooting wildly into the air as they broke through the fence surrounding the school. The exact number of those kidnapped is uncertain, as some were able to escape in the attack. The Bethel Baptist Church pastor’s son was among the students who narrowly escaped. “Right now I’m speechless,” the pastor said. “The school is an educational ministry of my church. This is a very, very sad situation for us.” Please pray for the safe return of all the students who are still missing, and pray that their kidnappers will be brought to justice. Pray also that the parents whose children were kidnapped will be comforted.
Would you like your prayer request to remain active longer?
Prayer requests will remain active for two weeks. If you would like your request to continue please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.
All long term prayer requests (chronic illnesses) will remain active for one month. If you would like your request to continue, please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.