Praise & Prayer Weekly Update - 10.21.20
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.” ~Psalm 17:6
*Bookmark this page!
Prayer at MBC
If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a note of praise it is our desire to be available to support you every day of the week, not just Sunday mornings. If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a praise, please fill out the request form below.
Praise and thank God for:
- Each other, for the ability to worship together in Spirit on Sunday mornings and for the giving spirit at MBC. Praise Him for technology that enables us to connect during the week.
- His hedge of protection around the healthcare workers and teachers within our MBC community.
- A successful Trunk or Treat event! There was an excellent turnout from the community, great weather and many volunteers who made it all happen. Pray that families will come back and the Gospel would go out unhindered in our area.
For our MBC Family, pray for:
- Each other as the Holy Spirit brings to mind; those struggling with physical and mental health needs, financial burdens, and emotional issues. Pray for those working on the frontline in healthcare services positions; for those most vulnerable in our midst–the elderly and immuno-compromised; and for our World Partners and partner ministry organizations.
- Wisdom for Pastor Bob and Amanda Erbig as they consult with specialists this week about Josiah’s medical needs.
- Recovery for Marc D’Agusto after undergoing back surgery last week; also preparing for knee surgery in the near future.
- Carol Swayne, as she is scheduled to undergo an ankle fusion procedure at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC on October 28. Please pray that the surgery will be successful so that she can walk again, she won’t get infected, and that she won’t develop another chronic pain. The chronic pain in her mouth continues, so prayer for that is still a need.
- Norma Rahn is home after 8 days in the hospital, but still weak. She is being cared for by her daughters and family. Please pray for her return to strength and for healing.
- Larry Ziemba is home recovering from major aortic valve surgery after a long hospital stay. Pray for healing and for comfort and peace for his wife, Lois.
Brooke Wiseman had follow up surgery last week on her foot to repair what didn’t get fixed during her first surgery. Please pray for quick recovery, ability to continue working, and for David and family who are helping provide care through the healing process.
- Pray for healing, comfort and strength for our brothers and sisters who struggle with chronic illnesses: Steve Gundersen diagnosed with multiple myeloma; James Ciannello (physical and emotional struggles of eosinophilic esophagitis and other medical conditions), Trey Mittuch (seizures, developmental and speech delays).
- Our expecting mothers and babies: Krisana Ukritnukun, Rachel Rickershauser.
- Pray for those enduring long-term recovery and healing: Bill Roosma in rehab with ongoing cardio issues; Adam Perrotti at home recovering from COVID-19; Tom and Cynthia Matheson as Tom recovers from treatment for AML and his body rebuilds its immune system and for Cynthia as she supports him; Nikki Springer recovering from a broken hip, pain relief and eyesight restoration; John Grooms (for health, strength and endurance), and healing for Cora and Tony Chuffo.
For our Church, please pray for:
- Pastor Dave Hentschel as he prepares his sermon continuing our series through Kings.
- Staff and leadership as they work to prepare for returning to indoor worship.
For our Extended Family & Friends, please pray for:
- Our nation and the current unrest. Our president and those around him battling Covid-19.
- Kate Clarke’s grandson, Wesley (age 2), at children’s hospital in Boston, was diagnosed with celiac after severe abdominal pain and removal of his appendix. Pray for healing for Wesley and for wisdom for his parents and doctors.
- Caleb and Liana Moore request prayer for Caleb’s father, Mike, and for his younger sister, Sarah, who were both diagnosed with COVID-19. Pray for healing and pray for Caleb’s mother, Denise, that she would be protected from the illness as her husband and daughter recover from it.
- Carrie Isler’s cousin, Lee, undergoing chemo for cancer in multiple parts of his body. Please pray for strength for him to tolerate the chemo and for his wife, Katie, as she supports and cares for him.
- Scott Gandolfe’s coworker Suzanne battling cancer throughout her body; pray also for her husband, Felix.
- Palma and Fred Finati’s son, Tom, that he may be able to help him retain the sight in his good eye. And for Palma’s brother, Salvatore, for healing and pain relief from cancer.
Pray for the Spread of the Gospel Throughout the World
World Partner of the Week: Keith and Beverly Sellers Serving with World Venture in Hungary
Keith and Beverly focus on working with and discipling teens and young people in Hungary. In spite of the Covid-19 pandemic, the camp ministry was as busy and tiring as always…maybe more so. They were able to minister to 150 kids at 5 different camps over a 5-week period. While the methods had to change, God’s Word was still preached resulting in 20 professions of faith. Please pray for these new Christians as well as for those who heard the Gospel during the camps. Also, pray that their ministry this Fall working with youth in local churches will bear fruit as well, even under these trying conditions.
The Persecuted Church: Pray for Christians in Somalia
A Somali Christian family is in police custody after being arrested for evangelism in Somaliland, a semi-autonomous region of Somalia. Hargeisa police released a statement on Oct. 5 that they had captured “two individuals who were apostates and evangelists spreading Christianity … [The individuals] should be fully aware that they won’t escape the hand of the law enforcement officers and that the spread of Christianity will not be allowed.” As a result, other Christians in the region have fled the country in fear, anticipating more arrests. A safe house sponsored by Voice Of the Martyr has been overwhelmed with believers seeking temporary refuge. The arrested couple have two children who are in prison with them, including a two-month old baby. Please pray for all Somali believers in this critical time along with the family in police custody.
Would you like your prayer request to remain active longer?
Prayer requests will remain active for two weeks. If you would like your request to continue please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.
All long term prayer requests (chronic illnesses) will remain active for one month. If you would like your request to continue, please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.