*Bookmark this page!
Praise & Prayer Weekly Update - 11/29/2023
Prayer at MBC
It is our desire to be available to support you every day of the week, not just Sunday mornings. If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a praise, please fill out the email request below.
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.” ~Psalm 17:6
- Praise God for such a great conclusion to the Rise Up and Build Ezra/ Nehemiah series this past Sunday.
For our MBC Family & Friends, please pray for:
- A phone call came in that Kerri Mullins was airlifted to a hospital while in Texas. She fainted and landed in such a way that she broke her leg above her knee replacement. She’s waiting to hear if this is a surgical repair at this time. This information came in from her friend, and we don’t have any further information at this time.
- Mark Melillo will be having a heart catheterization procedure Wednesday November 29. Please keep him in prayer.
- Please pray for Rachel’s mom (Denise) and sister (Stephanie) as they try a new group home for Stephanie on November 29. Praying for transportation for her to continue to go to her current daytime program. Pray for Steph to adjust well in the name of Jesus.
- Wendy Milligan would like prayer for her best friend’s husband John whose health is not doing well. John needs a liver transplant, but now his abdomen keeps filling with fluid and it was just drained at the hospital. At this time he’s still not on the list for a liver transplant, and his health is deteriorating. Urgent prayers for John’s salvation and healing, please.
- Kathy Lim just received her 5th cycle of chemotherapy. Please pray for cancer to be killed and no side effects. Kathy has an appointment with a radiologist on 12/15 to discuss moving forward with radiation therapy. Please pray for wisdom and protection.
- Steve Tosi’s cousin, Melissa, was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago and a recent MRI showed another mass. The results of her biopsy revealed the mass is indeed cancerous. They caught the cancer very early and the doctor is extremely optimistic about her prognosis. Her surgery is scheduled for Dec. 13. Please pray for peace and comfort in the waiting. She has been comforted by the Lord’s presence through this journey.
- Josiah Erbig is still in the hospital recovering from bacterial pneumonia. While he’s improving he’s still having consistent fevers. Please pray answers as to why he’s having these fevers and for them to go away so that he can come home.
- Pastor Bob’s mother will be going in for a catheterization procedure as well. Please pray for the procedure to go well and for a quick recovery too.
- Please continue to pray for Jim Hutchison’s health. He’ll be going in for a biopsy procedure this week to determine further treatment. Please pray for answers and encouragement during this time.
- Gary Toresco’s brother-in-law, Scott, has a cancerous brain tumor which required an operation. Please continue to keep him in your prayers as he undergoes chemotherapy and radiation.
- Tom DiProspero’s mother, Lil, has gone home to be with the Lord. Please pray for comfort and closure for the family during this challenging time.
- Please keep Sue Philhower’s father, Bill, in prayer as has been sick. Please pray for Sue and her siblings to have wisdom and direction regarding the best care for him. Praise God for Bill’s continued faith and a life of loving Jesus as his savior!
- Please pray for Bill Miller’s brother, Paul, as he needs to regain strength to be able to walk again. He went for a PET scan on Monday. Will receive results next Monday. Please pray there’s no cancer anywhere! Pray for Paul & his wife, Nancy’s salvation.
- Please pray for Marian Miller’s daughter, Lisa, who has been experiencing nerve damage and/or nerve entrapment which is causing pain in her hip area. She’s continues to go for testing & PT. We’re praying the Lord would bring about complete healing.
- Please pray for Street Hope Alive ministry to the children in Paterson, as they have two urgent needs…a sponsor for 1 more child to be able to go to Dawn Treader Christian school, & $500 a month for transportation for three of their children to continue going to that school.
- The Street Hope Alive’s 19 year old girl who was shot, has gone to be with Jesus. God has granted her ultimate healing. Her funeral is on Nov 18th. Please pray for her grieving family, that they would want to know Jesus as she did. She was like a daughter to Renee’, so please pray for her comfort, also.
- Pray for Pastor Bob as he kicks off our new sermon series on Luke this Sunday 12/3
- Interested in praying specifically for our MBC Kids ministry? Email Rachel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be subscribed to a weekly MBC Kids prayer email on Fridays.
- As a church body please pray for those seasonally visiting our church during the advent calendar that they will feel welcomed into the church and receive the words spoken.
- Please pray for the annual Winter Village outreach (12/17) and that the Lord will supply volunteers and all that’s needed for the event.
Our nation & those in authority.
Pray for our leaders as they make decisions this week for our country.
- The recent violence in Israel and instability in the Middle East are reminders that we must depend on the Lord. We ask you to continue to pray for the salvation of those without a relationship with Jesus Christ, healing for the suffering, and peace among the nations that can only come from the Prince of Peace.
Our Extended Family & Friends:
- The Callender Family requests continued prayer for niece Naomi. Her oncologist is discontinuing chemo treatments, and Naomi is meeting with several other specialists this week to determine other treatment options. We ask for prayer that the Lord would provide those options. We continue to pray for complete healing in the name of Jesus.
- Sue Turner’s cousin, Becky, ended up in the burn unit of a local hospital from the reaction she had to one of her meds. She is still in pain but thankfully back home to heal. Becky was recovering and has just suffered another flare up. Please pray for full relief from this syndrome that’s caused the rash and for peace regarding scans she has scheduled for this Wednesday.
Missionary Partners for the week: Bogdan & Diana Anton
Missionary Partners of the Week serving in Romania
Bogdan and Diana minister in the Bucharest area, primarily to teenage boys through sport. Diana also ministers to women international. Pray for their spiritual, emotional, relational, and physical protection as they travel, service and proclaim the good news of the kingdom.
Nathan & Becky Kendell
Missionary Partners of the Week serving in Senegal
Nathan and Becky Kendell have recently started serving in Senegal. Pray for them as they adjust to a new field and the Lord makes clear how he would have them serve. Also pray for their two daughters as they adjust to a new school.
Persecuted Church: “Court Investigates Disappearance of Pastor Raymond Koh”
On Feb. 13, 2017, a group of men on motorbikes and in SUVs abducted Pastor Raymond Koh. His wife, Susanna, and their children have not heard from him since, though Susanna has continued to seek information from the police and Malaysia’s justice system. Susanna filed a legal case requesting new inquiries into her husband’s disappearance, which she believes was connected to a 2011 confrontation with the Islamic religious police. The judge hearing the case visited the scene of the abduction on Nov. 6 and 7 to learn more about the situation. Pray this investigation will reveal the truth of what happened, that justice will be done for Pastor Raymond Koh, and that developments will bring fresh encouragement to Susanna and the Koh family.
Would you like your prayer request to remain active longer?
Prayer requests will remain active for two weeks. If you would like your request to continue please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday. All long-term prayer requests (chronic illnesses) will remain active for one month. If you would like your request to continue, please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.
Our Sunday service LiveStream is exclusively on our Channel.