Praise & Prayer Weekly Update - 5.31.2023
“I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer.” ~Psalm 17:6
*Bookmark this page!
Prayer at MBC
It is our desire to be available to support you every day of the week, not just Sunday mornings. If you are in need of prayer or would like to share a praise, please fill out the email request below.
Praise God for beautiful weather this holiday weekend that family and friends were able to gather and honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
For our MBC Family & Friends, please pray for:
- Please pray for Gail Loehr’s knee surgery on June 7th.
- Stan Zugay fell at his home on May 27th and broke his hip. He’s in Rahway Hospital.
- Jeanne Sernak has been having an issue with her heart and will be doing rehab soon
- Linda Clark is having her melanoma spot removed on June 1.
- Prayer for Wendy Milligan – she now has extreme difficulty getting sold foods in her and her daily nutrition as well as required amount of daily fluids, she is feeling very tired and weak often now with no energy. She saw a nutritionist last week but things have been getting worse, she will now see a specialist Tuesday 5/30- seeking prayers this will get resolved soon so Wendy will have more energy and feel overall better again.
- Linda Rigdon is home. Pray for her breathing to improve and her stamina to increase.
- Kathy Lim got her CT scan results back from May 17th and it showed a 5cm x 5cm x 7cm mass in her lower right pelvis. The biopsy will be May 30th. We are praying that the mass is benign and can be simply addressed.
- Lisa Beam’s husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer. PET scan has revealed it has moved outside of the prostate, reaching his tailbone. Further appointments in May will plan a course of action to take.
- Pray for our expectant mothers: Gianna Johnson and Julia Radwanski.
For our Church, please pray for:
- Pray for Pastor Bob as he continues the series in Philippians on 6/4.
- Interested in praying specifically for our MBC Kids ministry? Email Rachel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be subscribed to a weekly MBC Kids prayer email on Fridays.
For our Extended Family & Friends, please pray for:
- Wendy Milligan’s best friend (Mary Jean) her husband (JOHN) has just been diagnosed with liver cancer. On 5/19 they will surgically implant radiation beads into his liver tumor, they will check to see if tumor has shrunk in 3 months, if it has shrunk to 3cm then they will do a full LIVER TANSPLANT (he will be on a waiting list for a liver)….if this tumor doesn’t shrink to do a full liver transplant and if he can’t get a liver donated………….he will then be put in palliative care and die. We are requesting serious prayers for JOHN.
Wendy Milligan’s next door neighbor/good friend (Ela) has just been diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of tissue/blood cancer. Ela was very significant to me when I first moved here to NJ in helping me find churches/bible studies in NJ, she is a strong believer in Christ. We are seeking prayers for her peace and miraculous healing.
- Jeff Callender’s niece, Naomi, undergoes her next chemo session and asks for prayer that her white blood cell count stays level and that her cancer markers improve. She also asks for prayer for next week’s CT scans to show positive gains in the treatment. We continue to pray for complete healing in Jesus’s name.
Pray for our nation and for those in authority.
Pray for our leaders as they make decisions this week for our country.
Pray for our Missionary Partners for the week: Luke Raughley
Missionary Partners of the Week serving in Newark and Globally with World Impact
Praise God for how He is using Luke to train many others to plant churches in this area and around the world. Pray especially for church planting efforts in difficult areas like Pakistan and Bangladesh that God would spread the gospel and transform lives. Also, pray that the Tumi biblical training course materials being introduced in prisons in Massachusetts later this year would be effective in impacting many lives. In addition, Luke asks for prayer that two of his older children would be able to find good summer jobs.
Pray for Persecuted Church: Church Planting in the “Circle of Silence”
Aaron is one of many church planters advancing God’s kingdom in the “Circle of Silence,” an eight-state region in central Mexico of nearly 23 million people with less than 1% evangelical witness for Christ. There is a strong culture of Christo-paganism, which is a syncretistic blend of ancient pagan practices and Roman Catholicism, and front-line workers like Aaron are often opposed by those hostile to the gospel. Aaron lost his job because of his faithful witness, and he and others like him are routinely threatened. These front-line workers request prayer for renewed strength and encouragement as they serve in this difficult place. They also ask for prayer that God will increase their opportunities to reach more neighborhoods with the gospel and that they will be able to celebrate more baptisms as new believers trust in Christ.
Would you like your prayer request to remain active longer?
Prayer requests will remain active for two weeks. If you would like your request to continue please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.
All long term prayer requests (chronic illnesses) will remain active for one month. If you would like your request to continue, please update by contacting us here or via a connection card on Sunday.