I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound[a] teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
-2 Timothy 4:1-5, ESV-
We live in a complex world. Raising the next generation to own their faith has never been more challenging—or more necessary. Yet, in the Scriptures we see three institutions that God created: The Family, The Church, and the Nation—but the family is the foundation of society. Here at MBC, one of our core values is building strong families. One of the ways we do this is equipping parents and their children to navigate the difficult issues of the day. This website is for you. Below you will find some suggested resources to help you answer the most pressing issues of the day. Don’t see something? Ask us a question below!
IDEA: Ask a question tab—where people can suggest
- The Colson Center for Christian Worldview: https://www.colsoncenter.org/
- Breakpoint: http://www.breakpoint.org/
- What Would You Say?: https://whatwouldyousay.org/
- AXIS: https://axis.org/
- The Center for Parent and Youth Understanding: https://cpyu.org/
- The Barna Group: https://www.barna.com/
- Fuller Youth Institute: https://fulleryouthinstitute.org/
- Impact 360 Institute: https://www.impact360institute.org/
- Summit Ministries: https://www.summit.org/
- Stand to Reason: https://www.str.org/
- Reasons to Believe: https://reasons.org/
- Voddie Bauchum- “Raising The Next Generation in Turbulent Time,” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHWzwuGUP8
- John Stonestreet and Brett Kunkle- “Helping The Next Generation Navigate Today’s World: A Series,” https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnI0jT6NbSiTdnHrqbe7a5ItzSIfLLVf-
- Jen Wilkin- “How to Raise and Alien Child,” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHpoRoBK70
- Russell Moore- “The Storm Tossed Family: How The Cross Reshapes the Home,” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDRwJxMUNZk
- Carl Trueman- “The Strange New World of the Modern Self,” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnuAPJKVyV8
- Paul David Tripp- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principals That Can Radically Change Your Family on AMAZON.
- Andy Crouch- The Tech Wise Family: Everyday Steps to Putting Technology in Its Proper Place on AMAZON.
- Larry Taylor- Running With Horses: A Parenting Guide for Raising Children to be Servant Leaders for Christ on AMAZON.
- John Stonestreet and Brett Kunkle- A Practical Guide to Culture on AMAZON.
- Carl Trueman- Strange New World on AMAZON.
- Dan Allender- How Children Raise Parents on AMAZON.
- Jon Tyson- The Intentional Father on AMAZON.
- Natasha Crain- Faithfully Different on AMAZON.
- Alisa Childers- Another Gospel on AMAZON.
Several times a year we offer seminars for MBC families and those in our community. We run these events to equip families to navigate the difficult cultural terrain we are living in. Here are examples of past seminar topics:
- The Tech Wise Family
- Raising Generation Z
- Families in an Age of Anxiety
Lead Pastor: Preaching, Family Life, and Mission