The next Baptism will be:
Come and worship with our brothers and sisters as they make this profound commitment to the Lord. Witness new life as revealed by the cleansing power of Christ.
If you have not been baptized since becoming a follower of Jesus and would like to learn more about it, you may pick up a Baptism Packet at the Welcome Center, or contact Pastor Dave for more information.
Celebrating New Life | Baptism is a public profession of faith in Christ. We subscribe to baptism by immersion during our worship service as it vividly depicts the reality of new life in Christ.
Why? We are called to be baptized as an outward symbol of the internal reality already taken place in our new life in Christ. Baptism uniquely symbolizes the believer’s union with Christ in his death, burial, and resurrection (Rom. 6:3-5).
How does baptism relate to salvation? Baptism is not a means to salvation; this comes through faith in Jesus and the gift of God’s extravagant grace (Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 2:16). However, baptism plays a vital role in our first act of commitment and profession of our faith in Christ.
Who should be baptized? We practice believer’s baptism (Acts 2:38, 8:12). For the purposes of MBC Membership, If you were baptized as an infant, we would ask that you be baptized as a mindful believer.
When should my children be baptized?
While we want to celebrate our children when they desire to take important steps of faith, we believe it is wise to wait to baptize a child until he or she has reached a certain level of maturity. Therefore, generally we offer the guidance of encouraging our children to wait until at least twelve years old to make this important decision. While we are willing to discuss exceptions to this general rule, we do believe this position esteems baptism as a one-time act to be anticipated as a public, credible, mature profession of faith. Any questions please speak to one of our pastors. And for more information here is a related article.
A candidate for baptism should be able to:
- Communicate the gospel as well as an expression of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Show evidence of godly sorrow over sin and repentance which leads to the fruit of the Spirit. (Gal 5:22-23)
- Demonstrate a willingness to turn away from worldly things and live a life abiding and celebrating God’s commands, His testimony about his Son Jesus and loving others as God loves us. (1 John 2:15-17; 5:1-12, Matt. 22:37-39).
How do I give my baptism testimony? On the day of your baptism you are asked to give a testimony to affirm your faith in Jesus. Then you will be lowered into then back out of the water by the pastor. Video testimonies are preferred.
- Please make an appointment to have us video your testimony in advance.
- To prepare, please write out your answers to these questions and rehearse them for your video testimony.
- For your convenience please utilizes the following testimony worksheet as a guide to help build your testimony for the service.
Our baptism services are intended to publicly celebrate personal Renewal & Growth in Jesus Christ and spur on Connection & Action within community.